A walking tour about the history of two towns in Soweto, Orlando East/West where political icons lived during Apartheid, fighting against the regime.
The tour is full of photography opportunities & interacting with the locals you'll get the opportunity to take some great pictures. By walking through the streets of Soweto you will also get an idea about the people's lifestyle, local music & nowadays youth culture.
Starting at Hector Pietersen Museum, visiting the famous house of Nelson Mandela in Vilakazi Street. Walking through Orlando East, the first formal settlement of Soweto before visiting Orlando Stadium, home of Soweto football giants the Orlando Pirates. We're also going local by riding a minibus taxi to our last stop at the Orlando Towers.
Good to know
- Pickups can be arranged at an additional cost
- Tour is weather dependant
- Remember to always ask people if they are okay with you take their photo before snapping away
- All additional items
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transfer (available for an extra fee on request under notes)
- Extra sweater or rain jacket in summer
- Extra layers of jacket or jersey in winter
- Some cash for souvenirs or snacks
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat & sunglasses for sunny days
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.