Broken Spaces and Neglected Places Half Day Photo Tour
- About 6 hours
Cape Town is a photographer’s paradise with lots of well-concealed secret places and treasures beckoning to be photographed, revealed only to those prepared to wander off the beaten track, far away from the crowds…
We start this tour with a visit to an old abandoned zoo on the slopes of Devil's Peak and after that you have the option to either:
1) Take photographs at an abandoned seaside resort, once an oasis where people from the area flocked to enjoy a day at the beach, now gradually taken over by sea sand. The buildings and dilapidated roofs have been ravaged by years of strong winds and sea sand offering the photographer ample photographic opportunities with curved lines, long interesting shadows and frame within a frame composition.
2) Feed your lust for rust at a fascinating secret collection of vintage and classic cars, as we get lost photographing these beauties, some completely rusted away, some with beautiful detail, some without wheels or headlights, some with broken windows, some neglected beyond repair.
Good to know
- Suitable for photographers of all levels
- Transport from and to any accommodation in Cape Town and surrounding areas
- Your personal photo coach and qualified tour guide
- Visit to the abandoned zoo on Devil's Peak
- Photo session at the abandoned beach resort at Macassar OR
- Photo session at the Wijnland Auto Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera with memory and spare batteries
- Hat and sun screen
- Warm clothes (just in case)
- Appropriate shoes
No reviews yet
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.